WASTE COLLECTION OPERATIONS BENCHMARKINGMany Local Authority Waste Collection service managers would like to know how other councils design and operate their services. For example:
- to know which councils collect their wastes using exactly the same sort of collection system as you?
- to know which councils are already using an innovation (e.g. Alternate Weekly Collection, or kitchen/food waste separate collection) that you are thinking of introducing but haven't yet taken the decision to proceed?
To answer these questions, Rosselli Services has carried out detailed benchmarking:
- service design: detailed mapping of how Metropolitan, Unitary & London Boroughs design their Waste Collection service operations
- collection frequencies: identifying common patterns for how councils approach the timing of collections (weekly/fortnightly) for each type of material
- patterns of service configuration: identifying common patterns for how councils approach the collection of recyclables, garden waste, food waste, residual waste
- trade waste resourcing levels: vehicle numbers & spares, crew sizes
- and many other variables